Everyone loves valentine’s day, right? WRONG!
I for one am not particularly fond of 14th of Feb. Reasons? I can give you a 100 but let’s make do with 13 for now.
1. If you are single then it reminds you of being a “loser”. It rubs the fact in your face that you are a dud, dating-wise.
2. Your Facebook is crammed with the ‘ROMANTIC’ pics of couples. Chill couples! We know you love each other and all. You don’t need to showcase it every chance you get! Feelings get hurt.
3. You cannot go out for dinner on that day. Every place is reserved. All the good places anyway.
4. Things are overpriced. Go to any gift shop, there is a minimum 30% hike on most of the items! seriously?
5. Whenever a girl/boy walks toward you with a rose or bouquet, you think it is for you. But it turns out to be for the person standing right behind you. High hopes, eh?
6. You stay awake from 13th February 11:59:59 pm till 14th February, 11:59:59 pm wishing someone just might call/text you to say “I love you” but it never happens. There is this tiny optimistic corner of the heart that keeps hoping for the impossible!
7. If you are in a friend circle where everyone is in a relationship except you, you will be left alone. You are the black sheep of the group. You hang out awkwardly by yourself on V-Day.
8. Once again you install a dating app and start swiping right until your thumb gives up. Very determined to find a girlfriend/boyfriend so that you don’t end up alone on the same day next year!
9. You stop at a traffic signal and flower sellers approach you to buy an expensive red rose. Do they assume that everyone has a valentine? It is just cruel if you ask me.
10. You look at the mirror and think of undergoing a plastic surgery, but then you realize you are not that rich. After careful consideration you reach the conclusion that your facial features are to blame and you decide to go under the knife, but then you remind yourself that plastic surgeries are a pricey affair!
11. Your committed friends brag about their shitty relationship. Guys your love is true and your relationship is great but stop yapping about it all the time! It gets on our nerves!
12. You don’t get any gifts. While everyone around you seems to get bombarded with gifts, you find yourself lost in self-pity and curse your fate.
13. Everyone’s wearing pink or red. You see so much of pink and red in one day that your eyes actually start loathing that shade and the effect sometimes lasts for days.
Of course Valentine’s day is not for a single person. If you are single then you have every right to roll your eyes but don’t worry we’ve got you covered. Just read our article 10 things you can do on Valentine’s day if you are single and spend your V-day cheerfully.