1. Your headache can be cured by an affectionate cuddle from your love.
Have a headache? Going to take those drowsy painkillers? Rather, cuddle your partner, which will produce ‘Oxytocin’ (love hormone) in your brain which actually has the ability to cure headaches. According to a research conducted, Cuddling has the same neurological reaction as after taking painkillers.
2. In Ancient Greece, to throw an apple at someone was to symbolically declare one’s love; and similarly, to catch it was to symbolically show one’s acceptance of that love.
There was a time in Greece when people used to throw an apple at the person whom they admired, to let them know that they are in love with them. Can’t Believe? Then read the ‘Greek Mythology’ section in the wikipedia page of Apple and you will start throwing apples on your crush.
3. It takes only 4 minutes to decide if you like a person or not.
This is how the world popular quote ‘first impression is the last impression’ proves to be right. According to BBC, our mind needs only a time frame of 90 seconds – 4 minutes to determine whether we like someone or not. So, suit up!
4. Every Valentine’s Day, Verona, an Italian city receives around 1000 love letters addressed to Juliet.
Verona is the place where Shakespeare’s play ‘Romeo and Juliet’ is set and every year on 14th February, the city receives around 1000 love letters from all over the world, specifically addressed to Juliet. How Romantic!
5. Have you ever got a feeling that the other person is in love with you? Its a delusional disorder which is called ‘Erotomania’.
Erotomania is a psychological disorder in which a victim thinks that another person is in love with them. Don’t worry it is not a serious disease but if you think that a celebrity like ‘Emilia Clarke’ is in love with you just by seeing her on your favorite show ‘Game Of Thrones’, then you should must consult a psychiatrist.
6. Lots Of Love was the full form of LOL before internet took over.
People used to end their letters with LOL (Lots Of Love) in the older days. Gradually, when internet took over LOL became a popular internet slang for Laugh(ing) Out Loud. LOL!
7. Just after a person dumps us, for a period of time we love them even more.
According to Dr. Helen Fisher (author of the book ‘Why We Love’) when we get dumped, for a specific time we feel more love for the person who rejected us. And that is the time we crave more for that person and then depression takes over.
8. The world popular ‘Heart Symbol’ was initially used to represent Foliage.
Yes, you read it right. According to the wikipedia page, It was in the year 1250 when the red curvy Heart was first used to symbolize Love, and since then people found it so hearty that it became a trend to represent heart & love with it.
9. Sanskrit has around 96 words for “Love”.
Indians should be proud of the fact that Sanskrit is one of the richest languages of the world and it has almost 96 words for “Love”. At the second place, it is Ancient Persian which has 80 words.
10. There are an estimated 3 million first dates everyday around the world
According to a book, Ask a scientist, 3 million first dates take place around the globe everyday. That’s a huge number, right? However, I am unsure how many of them are lucky enough to meet their destined soulmate on their first date. 😛
11. ‘Philophobia’ is the fear of falling in love.
Do you admire solitude to an extreme level and fear that love will take away your freedom? Or was it a heartbreak which is stopping you to fall in love once again? Any of such case which makes you afraid of falling in love comes under the umbrella of ‘Philophobia’.
Like our posts? Then go ahead and like our facebook and twitter page because lots of more interesting stuffs are about to unveil soon. 😉